Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Casio G-Shock Everywhere!

The cool watch this summer is definitely the Casio G-Shock. Ever since I spotted Eminem's G-Shock in his Music Vid "I need a Dr" with Dr Dre, I knew this watch had become an icon for hip hop coolness. I mean you could not miss the crisp white DW-6900FS-8 model G-Shock watch amid the eery dimness of that weird recovery lab. Watch the video and you'll know what I'm talking about.
And if that's not enough on this latest music vid from Coldplay, "Every Teardrop is a WaterFall.". I spotted a bright yellow G-Shock on the lead singer, Chris Martin's arm" . Chris Martin was also spotted wearing a bright blue DW-6900MM-2 model G-Shock at a Pinkpop- a Dutch Festival
. Ludacris is wearing a G-Shock on Fast Five. Back in 2009, Ludacris encrusted or "iced" his G-shock in diamonds.

Justin Bieber was spotted wearing a purple G-Shock DW6900.

Then the movies, let see ... in Scream 4 - check out the cops (inset), Saw 2.

The first time I really noticed the G-Shock was in the movie Speed with Keanu Reeves wearing a DW5600C .
The guys on Jersey Shore Season 3 all wear G-Shocks, so do the Doctors on Scrubs and the contestants in the Amazing race. Said, on Lost Season 2 wears a Casio G-Shock DW -6600 in his back story.

If there was ever a watch with so much exposure, it is the Casio G-Shock.

Please add any other instances you noticed a G-Shock on celebs in movies, music videos, or anywhere else - please comment.

7 comments:

  1. Nice article, thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice information!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog and love the watches you've profiled. I personally am an Ebel girl, having one for the past 20 years. Here's an article I wrote about the newest Ebel watches:

    http://www.squidoo.com/ebel-beluga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah !! I love Casio G-Shock I think that brand is best one of quality and disign.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep on working, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent publish, very informative. I'm wondering why the opposite experts of this sector don't realize this.
    You should proceed your writing. I'm confident, you have a great readers' base already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also go to see
    this webpage on regular basis to get updated from
    most up-to-date information.

    ReplyDelete